Grand mal Tonic-Clonic seizure
1. move dangerous objects from nearby to avoid further injuries.
2 Roll them on to their side
3 cushion head (pillow. something soft under their head).
4. Look for Medical Alert bracelet, neckless or ID in wallet.
5. Call 911 if their seizure last 5 minutes or longer. If they stop breathing do CPR.
6. After they come conscious ask them questions like what is their name, birthday, day, date, parents name and where they are.
They will be tired. let them rest the rest of the day or longer if needed
DO NOT PUT ANYTHING IN TO THEIR MOUTH!
THEY WILL CHOAK!
THEY CAN NOT SWALLOW THIER TOUNG!
IT IS A MYTH THAT IS NOT TRUE!
2. Restrain the person. Let the seizure play its part
3. Raise your voice. It will scare them
4. Think they know what is going on or they can hear you.
5. Give them anything to eat or drink before they are conscious.
Complex Partial seizure
1. guide them to a safe spot to sit down or lay down.
2. Block Dangerous areas
3. stay calm and talk softly
4. Don't touch them if you don't have to. If you do, touch them softly on their shoulder. DON'T GRAB! they might get aggressive.
5. Stay with them in till they come out of it.
6. After they come conscious ask them questions like what is their name , birthday, day, date, parents name and where they are.
Once You Put Your Mind To It, You Can Do It
Epilepsy Treatment Advocate
Canyon Country CA
Seiz-ure Life, you are not alone
Inspirational Speaker, Motivational Speaker and Public Speaker